People will never stop asking you if you’re eventually going to go to college.
And unless you’re clairvoyant, you will never be able to answer this question, which doesn’t stop people from asking it all the time. No matter what you’re deciding to do with your life, your answer will never seem good enough for some people. You have to learn to mentally flip the bird to them as you respond with something light and pithy, like, “Oh, who knows! Maybe one day.” These are the same people that will eventually plague your life with questions like, “When are you going to get married?” or “Don’t you want to have a baby?” What they’re really asking is, “So where exactly do you fit into this framework of social acceptance that I have bought into?” They are judging you by their own standards, and you shouldn’t be made to feel inferior as a result of not conforming to them. Even with a college degree, you’ll never know how things are going to turn out for you. Legions of songs about the long and winding road that is life exist for this very reason.
- alexaroot reblogged this from un-college and added:
- alexaroot likes this
- un-college reblogged this from nattym29
- jabon68 likes this
- seriesofpandaliciousevents reblogged this from nattym29
- thebellavie reblogged this from nattym29
- thegranddewru likes this
- fluorescentink likes this
- worldoflis reblogged this from nattym29
- crazybutinadiffrentway reblogged this from nattym29
- orbitalcommand said: maybe it’s not college’s fault…but the people in them and how they are run. try Australia ;)
- worldoflis likes this
- nattym29 posted this